G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Jerry! Where did you get the Zephyr!? I have been trying to find information on it and even Yahoo has failed me. I began to think that the picture I saw in "Gorgeous Garden Railways" on page 20 was just a hand-made model. Where did you get that thing!? lol
-Will

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will,
I got it from Bob Thon(Robert's Lines) He had them made in 89 in Korea. Only 100 sets were made. He had a few leftover pieces he gave me a good deal on, had to do some work on them, but came out fine. He does not have enough pieces for another. Just finished putting Gary Raymond ball bearing wheel sets on with electrical pickups. Might save a search on ebay, two sets were sold in the last few months, went for about $2000(no I didn't pay that much!)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Alright! Thanks for the information Jerry ^^ I also found a Japanese made Zephyr at WADA, but it was live diesel. Still looked nice and was 1:32 scale. Yours looks great Jerry!

p.s. - The Eggliner train you made is amazing! Keep up the good work! Santa on the back was a great touch too.

-Will

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Will,
Wada used the same cars that Bob had designed. Guess he had the guy in Korea cast him some. They are all metal that has been plated. 10 diesels were made, I think. Mine is 1/32nd also. Glad you liked the Eggliners, they always make me smile and the reactions provoked by them are really funny. Jerry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts