G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing the seats I cast for the Zephyr. They are going in the rear of the observation car. I took out the frosted windows and put in clear plastic. I attached the curtains to it before I installed it. I used some ribbed material for that. Carpet for the floor was from my wife's sewing box. Most of the figures are from that guy in Hong Kong, I repainted them and made some into seated figures. The piece shown here goes into the rear of the car, it has a little floor in it, so this will sit inside. the rest of the floor is shown next to it. Two tables and 4 chairs will go on that piece of empty carpet. I've been wiring the car for lights, the one on the rear table will also light up.

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finished up the Zephyr's interior, this part is just forward of the first pix at the top of the page. I did not do the baggage area that is forward of this, nor the front half of the coach which has regular train type seats. Maybe someday.....I did light up that area though.

I used several large LED's, on a square base, that I got from Dave Bodnar, I also got several 3mm led's from him, including some
blinking red ones that I put in the rear light area on the Z. The smaller white led's are in the side lights. I replaced the frosted
plastic so you could see inside, I did light up the other areas that I may put seats in, someday....

Oh yeah, my wife had some ribbed material I used for curtains. The whole car looks nice all lit up, problem is, the
power car also has lights, so the middle coach is going to be dark. So I ordered some more led's to light it up. SOme

day it may also get seats.

Figuring out led's, bridge rectifiers and reistors was hard on an old guy, but Dave helped out a lot. Some of you may have

seen him at train shows giving train electronics classes.

G

·
depends on the point of view.
i am aiming roughly at between 1860 and 1880 (with taking a lot of liberties, where convenient)

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Isn't that right smack dab in the middle of the "Modern" era?...

Hmmm... Modern era was from 1910 to 1930 then there was the "Second Generation" of the Modern era, 1930 to 1945

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Modern for it's time.....
Jerry, the artist gives a lesson in how to make a great model even better: interesting passengers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.