G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lord of the Steam
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/group/smallscalesteam

I thought that it would be great to have a group for our videos. Instead of having to search and add to "favorites" all the time. I've made the group open to the public, once you've uploaded your video you can simply add it to the group.

Enjoy!

Scott

·
Lord of the Steam
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it. Scott, are you limiting the number of videos that one can put on the site.

I hadn't thought of doing that. I just figured that if we had a single bookmark on Youtube, it would be easier to get to the videos that interest us. And I think, (haven't confirmed this yet), that if you set your profile you can be notified when someone posts a video to the group, like you can when you subscribe to someones "channel".

It also allows for a simple link from websites to find small scale steam related videos.

I guess I will have to monitor it though for non-steam stuff and keep it "pristine". /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif Hmmm - maybe I should start a group for live diesels too. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Hey Scott,

Thanks for starting the group. I added some of my videos today.

I haven't yet found where one can be notified via email if a new video is added to the group.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Maybe this site can be a sticky for MLS....
Why limited the number of videos? Are your going to limit via total listing, views, comments, representation, etc?
I do not recall Scott indicating nor you tube any restrictions on a site for video input.
For me, the more the better "real" steam visual treats!!

·
Lord of the Steam
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why limited the number of videos? Are your going to limit via total listing, views, comments, representation, etc?

Maybe I should rephrase my answer to gibs035 by saying that I hadn't thought of limiting and don't see any reason to as long as YouTube allows an infinite number of entries. I just think that having a place where we can have an accumilation makes a great starting point for us to point people in a direction who may be thinking of getting into the hobby. Also, the URL is easy to remember and can be a bookmark rather than having to search everytime (IMHO). I like the sticky idea.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Sorry I ask the question. I guess as someone said as long as youtube does not limit the number of videos who cares.
Putting them in one site does make a lot of difference because ebery one does not use the same channel and this site that you started does let use get them all in one place. Great idea.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Scott,

Thanks for creating the folder. Will be adding some live steam video soon. Hope both you and Jenny are doing well. Have not seen you guys in about 20 years.:):cool:

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Scott,

I added a couple of videos that included your Wada Zephyr at Dr. Rivet's in June ---- and then realized the first one was not live steam! And now as a YouTube newbie I can't figure out how to delete it from the group. Help!

Best regards,

Alan

·
Lord of the Steam
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And now as a YouTube newbie I can't figure out how to delete it from the group. Help!

Don't worry Alan, as the moderator I can fix that for you. Go ahead and add it to the www.youtube.com/livedieselmodels group and I'll take it off of the smallscalelivesteam group.

Also, I'd like to thank everybody for joining and using the groups - I think its working out great!

Scott

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had added a video of highlights of the National Summer Steam Up to the group and noticed that after a week or so, it is no longer part of the group listing...

·
Lord of the Steam
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Voxnut - Are you talking about this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYJPiPcKziY ? If so it is still a part of the group - I found it on page three. We're up to over a hundred videos which is about six pages of listings. Just click on the "See All Videos" link and you should see page after page of thumbnails.

Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts