G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp this years xmas kinda sucked no trains at all!!!!!! anyway my new girlfreind bought me under wear and t shirts whats up with that????? i bought her gold earings...that wasnt a fair trade but she does walk by the tv from time to time with a thong on so i guess all is even.. he he he... i met up with my nephew yesterday to exchange xmas presents as i havent seen him since thanksgiving. we talk at great lengths about trains and what was going on in the hobby he told me his pacific was acting up when pulling 11 heavyweights so i told him i would get him a loco for xmas that would pull it... i bought him a hudson and he paid for these for me... now all i need to do is get new motor blocks for them from usa and we will be all set... when converted they will be a ABBA set for my 20 cars passenger set

Nick

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Posted By sheepdog on 01/06/2009 3:07 PM
Make a mental note of what she bought you and what you bought her..... It is a 'get out of jail free' card.
Craig

Diamond earrings maybe but just gold ones aint gonna do it.

-Brian

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Posted By altterrain on 01/06/2009 3:20 PM
Posted By sheepdog on 01/06/2009 3:07 PM
Make a mental note of what she bought you and what you bought her..... It is a 'get out of jail free' card.
Craig

Diamond earrings maybe but just gold ones aint gonna do it.

-Brian

Shes new, i cant buy her diamonds yet, then shell want to move in, besides she bought me tiddy whiteys whats up with that..............
Nick

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Posted By Nicholas Savatgy on 01/06/2009 6:44 PM

Shes new, i cant buy her diamonds yet, then shell want to move in, besides she bought me tiddy whiteys whats up with that..............
Nick

Maybe she's saying she can't stand your old, holey, gray underwear.

-Brian

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Posted By altterrain on 01/06/2009 7:29 PM
Posted By Nicholas Savatgy on 01/06/2009 6:44 PM

Nick

Maybe she's saying she can't stand your old, holey, gray underwear.

-Brian

What the ones with the skidders on them HE HE HE

Nick

·
Super Modulator
21,212 Posts
Yeah, I want to know too. I have 2 E8's and after putting in the equivalent of the 3 weights they were designed for, they run great.

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Posted By Greg Elmassian on 01/06/2009 9:08 PM
Did you add any weight yet?

I needed it, 3.4% grade, USAT streamliners, heavy train, and it could use ball bearings.

Regards, Greg

Haven't had to yet. I'm just running the E-8 with 3 smoothside cars and sometimes a head end battery TE boxcar when its running on battery power. No problems running up my 3% grade as is. I might need to if Aristo ever comes out with that Diner car and interior upgrade kits

-Brian

·
Super Modulator
21,212 Posts
I'm running 5 USAT cars, and SS rail, very slippery as compared to brass or aluminum. 6 pounds in each unit... did it with lead shot and glue in fuel tank... worked great, and you can't get the lead weights anymore from Aristo.

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
58 Posts
What brand Hudson did you buy, Sound?

Did you receive 2 OR 6 engines, I see 6 boxes?

They sell for round $270 apiece, times 6, WOW thats alot to buy at 1 time.

Thats some serious money.

P.S. The train pictures are real nice ,BUT ,any pictures of your girlfriend in her NEW thong?

·
Super Modulator
21,212 Posts
USAT Hudson, I think it's the only sparkie made...

He bought 6 because he needs B units, which take 2 A units to make (bash).

He's serious, I can confirm that...

I don't think he shares Dave... forget the thong (Or Larry O. may show up in the Aristo speedo!)

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Greg,

On the Hudson

LGB made a sound one years ago, and MTH makes one also.

Why doesn't he make part of a "B" unit, like Marty made?

Cut off the cab & styrene the rest.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Posted By TonyWalsham on 01/06/2009 8:30 PM
Why do you need to put USA motor blocks in the AC E-8's?

After haveing a bunch of 1st and 2nd run sd-45 and a few dash -9 have a loud growling noise and the wheels loosen up on the block, i decided to install a few used usa blocks i had into a dash9 and a sd-45 and they work out well.they pull the same i just had to make the usa bricks not swivel easy enough.. last night i had a chance to test one of the NYC E-8s in the garage for a half hour and i was surprised by the way it ran and sounded... seemed to run smooth, no noise so i will test the rest of them and if they all perform the same i will keep them as is .. aristo must have done something to
improve these blocks, cause they run so much better than my other 3 axle aristo engines..all in all i wasnt exspecting to be as plaese with these as i am, detail is great and all in all a great loco
to aristo..
Nick

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Posted By Greg Elmassian on 01/06/2009 9:08 PM
Did you add any weight yet?

I needed it, 3.4% grade, USAT streamliners, heavy train, and it could use ball bearings.

Regards, Greg

Greg,
No i havent yet added weight but i have a whole box of those lead dash 9 weights i think the'll work in this loco. i will do a pull test 1st with 4 locos and see if they can pull the 20 passeger cars safely, if not i will add weight as needed these when complete will only pull this passenger train so i will tune them for that..
Nick

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Posted By Dave H on 01/06/2009 10:14 PM
What brand Hudson did you buy, Sound?

Did you receive 2 OR 6 engines, I see 6 boxes?

They sell for round $270 apiece, times 6, WOW thats alot to buy at 1 time.

Thats some serious money.

P.S. The train pictures are real nice ,BUT ,any pictures of your girlfriend in her NEW thong?

The hudson was a USA version with sound. thats my hudson of choice... P.S.no thong pictures yet

heres a video of one of my hudsons just love this loco...
Nick

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nick,

That's going to be one nice consist when you get it all finished.
Are you going to pull the NYC heavyweight set or are you going with USAT cars?

I'm very encouraged to hear the first couple of Es sound like they are running right and smooth. If you find all six do then they may have acutally implemented the change in assembly proceedures which would be good news for all. They may never run quite as quiet as the USA, but when operating as intended they perform good. If you have trouble with any of them and can't get them sorted out, I'll be glad to work on smoothing them out for you.

Keep us posted on how they turn out.

Raymond

1 - 20 of 23 Posts