G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Let me draw your attention to http://wvrr.ca/new.htm

The What’s New files have been updated with a short picture story about a days work around the station at Winter Valley. Of course there are the usual tips about building the scene â€" and the models. I’m particularly proud of the completed CN combine 7210 that makes an abbreviated appearance or two. That was a much bigger job than I expected and I didn’t even ‘rivet count’. :rolleyes:

Drop what you’re doing for a few minutes and pay us a visit. Comments and ideas are welcome direct to [email protected] or in the context of a forum such as this. I can take it ;-)

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By dawinter on 04/22/2008 6:53 PM

Hi everyone Let me draw your attention to http://wvrr.ca/new.htm The What’s New files have been updated with a short picture story about a days work around the station at Winter Valley. Of course there are the usual tips about building the scene â€" and the models. I’m particularly proud of the completed CN combine 7210 that makes an abbreviated appearance or two. That was a much bigger job than I expected and I didn’t even ‘rivet count’. :rolleyes:" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/rolleyes.gif" /> Drop what you’re doing for a few minutes and pay us a visit. Comments and ideas are welcome direct to [email protected] or in the context of a forum such as this. I can take it ;-) Regards Dave

I have done just that and must compliment you on your incredibly realistic images.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted By blackburn49 on 04/22/2008 7:19 PM

Hi everyone Let me draw your attention to http://wvrr.ca/new.htm The What’s New files have been updated with a short picture story about a days work around the station at Winter Valley. Of course there are the usual tips about building the scene â€" and the models. I’m particularly proud of the completed CN combine 7210 that makes an abbreviated appearance or two. That was a much bigger job than I expected and I didn’t even ‘rivet count’. :rolleyes:" border=0>" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/rolleyes.gif" /> Drop what you’re doing for a few minutes and pay us a visit. Comments and ideas are welcome direct to [email protected] or in the context of a forum such as this. I can take it ;-) Regards Dave

I have done just that and must compliment you on your incredibly realistic images.

Great legs eh?

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
RE: WVRR "What's New" updated

Hehe. The x would have had a calf[:D]

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Posted By dawinter on 04/22/2008 8:53 PM
Posted By blackburn49 on 04/22/2008 7:19 PM

Hi everyone Let me draw your attention to http://wvrr.ca/new.htm The What’s New files have been updated with a short picture story about a days work around the station at Winter Valley. Of course there are the usual tips about building the scene â€" and the models. I’m particularly proud of the completed CN combine 7210 that makes an abbreviated appearance or two. That was a much bigger job than I expected and I didn’t even ‘rivet count’. :rolleyes:" border=0>" border=0>" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/rolleyes.gif" /> Drop what you’re doing for a few minutes and pay us a visit. Comments and ideas are welcome direct to [email protected] or in the context of a forum such as this. I can take it ;-) Regards Dave

Great legs eh?

Yeah to bad its Billy Idol getting out of his corvette/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
455 Posts
Are you showing yet some of the goodies ya MAY have picked up at ST'08 !? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

doug c

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posted By Doug C on 04/23/2008 3:14 PM
Are you showing yet some of the goodies ya MAY have picked up at ST'08 !? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif" border=0>

doug c

I got a snow shovel and a new set of chains. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif;) Also got a double cheese burger with chips and gravy and a pint of Richards Red.

Oh! Trains? I didn't buy anything for myself but I picked up a nice Aristo 53 footer for a project I'm doing. Again. It's another NAR boxcar. $59.00 at the Art Knapp shop. Don't think I could do better anywhere else. At any time.

Over all, a superior show. There was a good FreeMo layout and I was interested in that because the local group is building some of these modules. There was enough G scale to keep my interest but I saw nothing 'new' on Saturday at least.

Congrats to all involved.

Dave

·
Registered
455 Posts
Did the guys at Free-Mo mention their now annual "convention" at BigValley, Ab. in August !? I was thinking of taking it one of these yrs., more as an excuse to visit the 1:1 railway sites in the area. There is a museum around there (Camrose or closer? ) that has a GR layout. Also have been asking the local restoration buffs if the Hannah (CN?) Roundhouse project is up and running yet.

Also I'm pretty sure CN runs thru there :D

Now to revisit your site .....

doug c

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hanna is a CN station (Drumheller Sub) but I thought Big Valley was on the CP line between Stettler and Drumheller. Could be wrong about that. My Trackside Guide isn't handy. Check out the Big Valley web site. Beautiful station.

But no. I've allotted far too many weekends to my own pleasure already this summer. The Calgary show, a football game in Regina and one in Vancouver. Add in the show in Chilliwack in June and I might as well quite work all together. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif" border=0>

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts