G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lord of the Steam
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each year at Brookside Gardens in Wheaton Maryland the Washington, Virginia & Maryland builds a train display in the conservatory. Here are a couple of videos from this year. One is mine the other was done by Ralph Fox.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Apparently Ralph Fox has disabled the ability to play his video on sites other than YouTube.

Just thought you would want to know,
David Meashey

·
Lord of the Steam
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently Ralph Fox has disabled the ability to play his video on sites other than YouTube.
Just click on the YouTube logo in the lower right corner of the embedded frame. It will open a new tab and take you right to it. Easy peasy.

Scott

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
Scott

Does the club use the same track plan every year for the large layout?

I understand the trolley layout along the wall is pretty much constrained by physical location as well as the fact that it represents the Glen Echo line with specific features that are historically correct and accurately modeled.

·
Lord of the Steam
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Does the club use the same track plan every year for the large layout?
Jim, different track plan each year except for the window as you noted. Its one of the things that brings back the public each year to see what is different or new. We have some club members that create new buildings each year that are based on local historic buildings. New to the Trolley line this year is the Cabin John Hotel and the Ferris Wheel.

The pond gets moved around each year, the streets and point to point in the center move. We try to make it fresh each year.

Here's a link to a playlist of the past years that I have recorded. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGsAmyrof4zuIkcCQyu-Ie3FKxuxYgcZ4

Scott

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great layouts and well done on the video too.

Can anyone identify the blue and white electric trolley/streetcars for me?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Mike;

The blue and white trolley and trailer are LGB. This trolley has been produced in various color combinations. The set in the video had a pantograph on the powered car, but there have also been cars that had a working bow collector.

Hope this helps,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Scott;

Thanks for the new video. Funny how some things will jog one's memory. There was a plush toy of a white Persian cat in one of the scenes. It called to mind a poster who used to be on these boards and over at LSOL. He could get contentious at times, with threads getting a bit heated. His handle was white kitty, although I think his real first name was Clay.

Anyway, it was great to see all those trains and trolleys running.

Best,
David Meashey

·
Lord of the Steam
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trying again:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well done Scott and thanks for posting this. You can really see the hustle bustle that seems to go with the holiday season too!

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts