G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have an extra one of these syringes they care to part with or know of a retailer that might have one in stock? Please PM me if you do.
True to form, Accucraft is about 3 months out from receiving them from their suppliers in China.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Never seen one here. Where MANY of us have Accucraft locos.

Nobody I've spoken to here has ever heard of one either.

Any chance of a pic?

tac

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Well, Sir - I know prolly 40-50 accucraft locos, got three meself, but i've never seen one of these handy little items before.

Do you get one with every Accucraft steam loco you guys buy?

tac, feeling cheated./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif

·
1st Class Pirate
707 Posts
Hi Tac!
I bought two Ruby kits, the first one from an individual. It came with several extra Accucraft items in bags with part numbers, so I assume they were purchased extra. My second kit came from a dealer here in the US and it did not come with the brass syringe. Both came with water filling and oil draining plastic syringes.

redbeard AKA Larry Newman SA #1956

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Thanks for the information, guys, much appreciated. Didn't think they gave away such a nice little item as that syringe - seems to fit the bill for filling up lubricators and such-like. My Aster BR01 has a steam oil filler like a mouse's earhole.

So how does one get in touch the the nice syringe-maker man?

tac

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
some people I know use a meat injector syringe. (can buy at Target here in the US) seemed to work well from what I witnessed.

·
1st Class Pirate
707 Posts
The meat injector syringes are OK as long as you don't use them for alcohol. Even though this one was plastic, it instantly shattered like glass when I drew in alcohol.
redbeard AKA Larry Newman SA #1956

·
Registered
829 Posts
Tac. Maybe that's how you get Mad Cow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts