G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen it before, but today I paid more attention to the track, etc. You can see them at youtube, under Aster Trains. They have about 8 movies, in the same wonderfull track but I noticed they have a big collection of Aster trains. I will take some ideas from thei track for whenever I have one. I have seen many USA tracks by photo only, but these one was simple and very nice.

Unfortunately, where I live, in the North part of Mexico, there is almost nobody with this interest/ hobby. The closest tracks I have are the ones that I know exist in texas. Perhaps one day, when the time comes, I will be glad to invite many of you to Monterey, Mexico, a nice city sorrounded by beautifull mountains.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Privero, if you are ever in Houston Texas you are more then welcome to steam at my track. :) The more steamers, the more fun.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Steve. I know you have a very nice track and that you get together very often with your impressive Big Boys, etc. I for know, I have some electric USA trains plus some Asters (Berkshire, Shay and the comming S2). I will be glad to pay a you a visit and learn from the experts.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I have had the pleasure of communicating with a member of the Italian live steamers: Robi. One of the world class live steam facilities allow all of us to enjoy the hobby via the internet.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
The great thing about this hobby is that it does not matter if its a Big Boy or a Mamod run'in, they both run on steam and thats what counts. We have fun taking jabs at each other around here about fuels, brands, using RC or not, etc., ;) but the bottom line is that they are all Live Steamers. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
No clocks in any of the videos.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif :D

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Hi there.

Been to Monterrey, got inlaws there, hottest place I'd ever been, until I went to Yucatan!

Sorry to say Mexico is not a hot spot of the hobby, model train or railfanning. I think I have come across a grand total of one hobby shop, and it was pretty baren, that was in tourist heavy Cancun. Surprising given Mexico's very rich rail history, one of the best books in my library is Gerald Best's "Mexican Narrow Gauge". I've used Mexican sources for the inspairations for many of my bashes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts