G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tonight I finally get to watch the Raiders of the Lost Ark DVD that I got as a late Father's Day gift. After the main movie, I'm reviewing the Special Features, and behold, there is our own Chris Walas describing how he made the SS interrogator's face melt for the Wrath of God sequence that follows the opening of the ark.

I turned to Kathy and said, "That's the man who made my dragon!" I'm referring to the primary steam generator for my Brandywine & Gondor 2-6-0. It was really cool to see somebody from MLS on a DVD.

If you have not watched this part of the DVD, I highly recommend it. It is titled "The Mystery of the Melting Face."

Yours,
David Meashey

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Chris is a great guy and a nice man, to boot! He made this figure for my 1/8 scale caboose quite a few years ago. I treasure this brakeman. Chris is very talented!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I've never met him, but I certainly enjoy "knowing" him here on MLS.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Thats not on the extras of my "Raiders of a Lost Art" dvd? Must be only on the newest release...but I'll double check my copy

Wow thats great to know Chris had a part in one of my all time favorite movies

BTW did anyone here know another movie Chris worked on "The Fly" has been turned into an Opera???? Yep, its on the list ofr next year here, gotta check that out...

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Victor;

My DVD has a cardboard jacket over the plastic case. A sticker on the jacket reads "First Time Available Special Edition See Where Adventure Begins!" So I guess it is the latest version of the DVD. It also has a preview of the current "Crystal Skull" movie.

Hope this helps,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

The text editor took out my extra spaces on my previous post.

Just a gentle request. Could Shad or one of the moderators publish a sticky with a tutorial on how to get around the foibles of this text editor - Like when it removes your line spaces if you preview your post or have to edit the post. It is very annoying, and I would post more if I did not have to spend so much time second-guessing this text editor.

No hurry, but any help would be most appreciated.

Thank You,
David Meashey

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Just finished watching 'Jeopardy' . One of the last questions was something like 'Chris said they will be perfectly all right unless you do this'....
Answer is????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts