G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this worth $2,500 bucks!?!?!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/art/1026628663.html

There are 7 small locomotives and none have been tested to see if they work. Fairly old and dusty.

There are about 10ish passenger cars (small ones) and 1 amtrak Kitchen car

The rest are various things including a few cabooses.

It comes to about $62 per item...or being very very generous you can say each loco is worth about $100 and that would make each car worth about $55-56 bucks.

It was going for $4,000 but has come down. I spoke with the person selling it and apparently there is a buyer.

Anywho, what do you guys think? I was just amazed. I can email you the pictures of all of them if you like.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I'd think the orginal $4000 asking price a bit steep. $2500 is still a bit high wihtout seeing photos of the stuff. The descriptions leave a little to be desired. Sounds like it's mostly smaller LGB/Lehman items with some Aristocraft and possibly Bachman items? The locos pictured would run in the $50 to $200 range. The lionel would be the cheap one. Based on the "vintage" of the locos shown adn teh descriptions a good share of the trains are older itmes so the Aristocraft cars sold in the $25 to $50 range. The LGB of the time would have sold in the $40 to $80 range. The Bachman prices were about the same as the Aristocraft or cheaper. Your mileage may vary however. Current pricing on Ebay has this as a decent but not great deal I think.

Chas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts