G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Phillies won the world series, and today there was a parade in town for them.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
I hadn't noticed frankly. Last time I knew what was happening....the series was rained out.

For all the Philly fans...congratulations.

For all the, who was it, wait, Tampa Bay Rays fans...my condolences.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Sorry. I only pay attention to sports when the CUBS are in the playoffs, which didn't last long.

What an incredibly CUBS thing to do! Go into the playoffs in 1st place and get swept

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Dan,

Frankly, I am still in shock and didn't post anything because I didn't want to jinx the team!! Can I open my eyes now?!

I kind of liked that short 3 inning game on Wednesday! Especially when it was all over!

Mark
PS GO YANKEES!

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Shouldn't that be called the "North American Series"??? How many "world" teams competed? Ain't it just the U.S. and one team in Canada?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posted By Fred on 11/01/2008 3:53 PM
Read where the commuter trains in Philly were packed with fans going to join the celebration.

Not a very good selling point for SEPTA. I heard that trains were incredibly overcrowded, and way off schedule.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted By gary Armitstead on 11/01/2008 5:44 PM
There was a World Series this year?

I believe there's one every year. Though the last one I remember was 1980.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Shouldn't that be called the "North American Series"???

You know how we Americans are ;)

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
You're right Kevin, MLB has players from all over the world now, my hometown Tigers on most nights had only 1 Afro-American & 1 Caucasian in the line-up, the other 7 were from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba and South America! There are more & more players from Japan & Korea in the majors now too. Today's World Series is far more "worldly" now than ever before. The NHL used to be comprised of almost all Canadians, now Europeans, Finns, and Swedes makeup many hockey teams. The NBA is also starting to go that way, seems like the NFL is the only major sport league madeup of almost entirely Americans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts