G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Work session this morning on the Ally. Come on over (virtually) and help me get ready for an open house.

I'll run a couple trains, pull weeds, clean up, re-install a passenger platform, and whatever else you guys notice or hear. (Yesterday Del notices some squeaky wheels on my ore cars. )

Below is the video - click the power button and give it a while to start.

And, Yes, it is live. If JJ logs in, well, anything can happen.

If the above viewer doesn't work, refresh the page or click this link: the ALLY

Please post here if you have problems. I'll try to address any issues after todays session, however many older computers may not work or get slow frame rates.

B0B

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks to all those who visited the ALLY via the Mogulus channel today. Sorry about the technical difficulties. I have done several "live show" dry runs, and this was the first where the live up-link gave me fits for half an hour. You are welcome to peek in and see the behind the scene preparations. This has been a learning experience. Here's the deal. I thought it would be nice is we could get together, chat and see each others garden railroads. I know, that is what forums do! I enjoy the forums. But todays technologies are about let us add LIVE video, sound and several levels of interactivity to our forum experience. Several of us garden railroaders, scattered around the country are working to put together a live video plug-in for the forums or your personal web page. We will hold open houses, Garden Railroad tours, ( a series of open houses all on the same day), work sessions, repair sessions, reviews, trade shows, or just about anything you want to produce a live (or pre-recorded) segment for. You can host a work session, open house or other live event just by being on the chat in the viewer at the scheduled time for your event. You will need at least some video, which you can record and upload to youTube or direct to the ALLY. You can, in addition to chat, call in the audio commentary during the live show just using your phone. Your commentary, sort of like a interview will go out live. viewers will ask questions and comment in real time . The ultimate way to host a live show is with a USB web cam. Contact me via the chat window on "the ALLY". I'll send you an email. It will log you into the control panel for the ALLY and make your camera available. You don't need to install any software on your computer other than the drivers that came with the camera. The control panel lets me select any camera, on any participating garden railroad and include them in a tour. If you have a USB camera, and want to try it out just for fun then catch me on the "the ALLY" chat window any evening and we'll give it a try. Please! Don't get the idea that you have to make a big production. This is NOT commercial TV. It's just Garden railroaders getting together. Most of the "SHOWS" are more like just dropping in to say hi. We might be running train, raking leaves, or planning our new garden railroad. Everyone is welcome to participate, just like a forum, you don't need to have any track down, or a perfect railroad empire featured in the Magazines. By the way, the ALLY channel is on line 24-7. I'm adding both live and pre-recorded videos every day. There is also a video "ON-DEMAND" button. If you want to include your videos to the "on demand" button, just say so in the chat. Again, Thanks to all those who stopped in. Hopefully the weather, and the WebGods will let me web-cast again tomorrow. B0B The ALLY can be found here:theALLY My blog about this project can be found here: :World Wide Garden Train Tour

You will find me out back, in the ALLY.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Bob's right simply come on over and check out his, J.C's from witchita, and The Regal's from West Ne. channel heres the link to my channel, and you can access the others from each of ours. http:www.mogulus.com/crazytrainguyschannel So jump in we have videos, live chat, and Bob is already live with cameras, and ours are on the way, as soon as they arrive (mine here today the 25th) we will be on live at random times of the day. I'm trying to be on live chat randomly as my schedule permits but will try to be there between 8-11pm mst. So pop in and let us know you are there and say hi, several people have already visited, and told us they thought it was really neat. "All Aboard?"

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Posted By blueregal on 02/25/2009 8:45 AM
Bob's right simply come on over and check out his, J.C's from witchita, and The Regal's from West Ne. channel heres the link to my channel, and you can access the others from each of ours. http:www.mogulus.com/crazytrainguyschannel So jump in we have videos, live chat, and Bob is already live with cameras, and ours are on the way, as soon as they arrive (mine here today the 25th) we will be on live at random times of the day. I'm trying to be on live chat randomly as my schedule permits but will try to be there between 8-11pm mst. So pop in and let us know you are there and say hi, several people have already visited, and told us they thought it was really neat. "All Aboard?"

Like Jerry H. in Nbr.  and Jim Carter.in kc 
I got mine up now and it great..
Get to do a lot of show and tell stuff live and talk about posting of train and photos that on here.. Just another way of having fun with our trains and talk about posting that are here with some more show and tell I have here . 

So here is our new broadcasting station in Bob Grosh's GTT network. 

http://www.mogulus.com/noelw

Thinking of Starting a  Sat mornings  live for about 2hs..  and see how it works out..  
I did one two weeks ago and had lots of hits and l showed them some links on MLS.com and it work out great on some ariticals about trains.
Any way like the other,  it goes  24/7   with videos / clip and live from time to time.

Noel & Jane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts