G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the thread about the 48' Bethgons
http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/forumid/14/postid/61308/view/topic/Default.aspx
was mention of using staples for steps on the sides of cars. That got me to thinking about something I have had in the junk box for a long time...

When I change my car's windshield wiper blade inserts I keep the metal stiffeners from the old ones. They appear to be stainless steel and are quite stiff. The ones I have are slightly less that 1/10 inch wide and .025 inch thick.

Gotta be useful for something...

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Yes I have some too ,put away for when they might be useful, but they seem mighty tough to do too much with using hand tools. Advise from anyone on how to work this stuff would be welcome.

Regards

Bunny

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Excellent idea for the junk box - especially when considering I replace wipers every 6 months on two vehicles. Good save.

tbug

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I saw this thread and having some of these right beside me I gave it a try. Just bent it with a needel nose plyer. Ground off some on each side of the ends to make a small protrusion and drilled a 3/64" hole in bottom of frame and stuck it in. It could work.

leon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts