G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
The What’s New file has been updated at http://wvrr.ca/new.htm
There will be some new pictures there, as well as a short video, that I hope will inspire you to get modelling. Especially to create small story telling scenes that need no words.
Also find something related in music but you can turn that off if the mood isn’t right for you. It was for me. In fact it ‘inspired’ the whole photo/story. Anyway, I promise I won’t do it again. Just something different.

May this Christmas season find you home and warm with those you love the most.
Tomorrow’s gonna find me further down the line…
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Dave,

What a cool little story there! As always, the scenes and attention to detail make the whole picture come alive.

Mark

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I had more fun doing that update than many of the others. I busted my wallet and bought a few new Preiser people that would fit into the "plan". Of course, due to packaging, that meant buying a couple of ladies I didn't really want. The Go-Go singer and the 'hooker' are in a drawer for now and one of these days I'll dress them up and find them some honest work.

Enjoy.

Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Dave I always like to see "whats new" on your site. Always enjoy the story that goes with the picture. You have a great looking railroad and hope you keep updating the "whats new".
Thanks. Tom Thornton

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
RE: Winter Valley has a new "What's New"

Dave,

I've always admired the realism and attention to detail of your work. All the photos and story are wonderful but that photo of the '58 Chevy at the crossing is one of the most realistic photos I've ever seen. Exceptional work even without that photo but with it.....what can I say? Certainly a most worthwhile visit to a truly primo railroad!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Posted By Richard Smith on 11/26/2008 2:09 PM
Dave,

I've always admired the realism and attention to detail of your work. All the photos and story are wonderful but that photo of the '58 Chevy at the crossing is one of the most realistic photos I've ever seen. Exceptional work even without that photo but with it.....what can I say? Certainly a most worthwhile visit to a truly primo railroad!

Isn't it strange. I've had a dozen emails about that photo and it's one that only made it at the last minute. I had tossed it, and a couple of others, in and out of the mix because I really wasn't happy with any of them.

Well, who knew eh?

Thanks for looking in.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts