G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the comments chaps, it does reaffirm that maybe some people do still enjoy seeing a bit of RR heritage! You learn a lot researching and building these things too.

Most of the surviving records from the Mason works are now at 'The Old Colony' I believe and they tend to be protective of the collection. In good hands I guess.

Vic I finished the Mason Masterclass a couple years back!

Most of this 0-4-4T is nothing more than an adaption of that work, the similarities between this engine and the 2-6-6T are considerable. Also she's not as small as appearences suggest. Being almost the same size as the 2-6-6T with the pilot wheel left off and the rear tender much shorter. The AA Denny in the Master class was really an adaptation of this type of 0-4-4T Mason.

David.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
David just stunning, Just a great looking locomotive. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gifEverything out of your shops just gets better and better.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Dave ya know I was just kidding ya...;)

So ...when does the Darjeeling Class B Masterclass start? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif:D

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah I know Vic. No Class B either, desipte the stack of photos of 777 I took at the Delhi RR Museum back in 2005. Some might still be on the MLS server. While a Kerr Stewart Design, Baldwin built some of the class B for Darjeeling as well!

Not sure when or what the next MC will be. Maybe you could run it...turning a Cow train into a Forney or such!

Thanks mate,
David.

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
John,
I did all the artwork for this engine, and all the Masterclass Masons you'll see finished in the finished Mason show case. Stan Cedarleaf does all the decal production from my Artwork.
Also have V&T engine art done, Baldwin styles (see Peter Bunce's 4-4-0 along with others), Montezume and the fancy Porter styles.

Thanks mate,
David.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Posted By David Fletcher on 03/27/2008 7:53 PM
John,
I did all the artwork for this engine, and all the Masterclass Masons you'll see finished in the finished Mason show case. Stan Cedarlead does all the decal production from my Artwork.
Also have V&T engine art done, Baldwin styles (see Peter Bunce's 4-4-0 along with others), Montezume and the fancy Porter styles.

Thanks mate,
David.

Can I also add , and confirm that,  David's artwork is second to none; so much so that without the results of that & then Stans printing, my locos would not look, in my opinion, anything like as good.. 

Without David's, and Stans expertise the results would not have been possible.    A  big THANK YOU to both is freely given, as the colors finally add enormously to the locomotive(s) ! 

The designs used are complicated, and extensive, I could not produce them with all their  multiple colors.

MLS has provied the information, instructions and finally,. 'superb artwork', and printing when needed!   

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Posted By David Fletcher on 03/27/2008 1:52 PM
Yeah I know Vic. No Class B either, desipte the stack of photos of 777 I took at the Delhi RR Museum back in 2005. Some might still be on the MLS server. While a Kerr Stewart Design, Baldwin built some of the class B for Darjeeling as well!

Not sure when or what the next MC will be. Maybe you could run it...turning a Cow train into a Forney or such!

Thanks mate,
David.

Gee Dave, Thanks, given the excellent quality of the previous MC chapters of the background, history, and construction of each project, you've set the bar at a might high point. I dont know if my orginazational skills are up to that kind of challenge. Given that I tend to build by eye and only use scales to cut straight lines, I might drive alot of people crazy with my technics. But I'll consider it if anyone else is interested, if I did I something like this I would likely do one of the 0-4-4 mining Porters of the Arizona Copper Co, if no one else is really interested in such a plain jane little engine I'll just do a regular building log.

I really would like to do a real DHR Class B someday, but that would take a heckova lot more preparation as I have a plan from the Gazette, but few photos and no real idea of how long the project would take.

·
Vendor
3,323 Posts
Wow, Fletch. When I do the printing for these locomotives, I have no concept of what they'll look like finished until you post the images. Just fabulous. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Sure hope the printer holds up for a while. We're on our last printer. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
David, You never cease to amaze me with your fantastic productions!! I have to ditto the comments about your art work and Stan's decals, absolutely gorgeous!! I just hope when the time comes that I can apply the decals to my Bogie with out screwing them up.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts