G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the other day, while out enjoying the milder weather, the wife and I were talking trains, and the problems we've had with our current lay-out...mainly the grade and drainage we suffer from...she suggested I move the entire line, then gave her blessing...

the new location is a pie shaped raised bed in the front yard to the left of the house, beside our drive. The new property is nearly 'grade-less' and should be much easier to maintain (minus the leaves in the fall-though that has always been a problem)...so here are some shots....

What a Gal!....room for big sweeping curves and an over/under figure 8....oh, I'm excited!

cale

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Man a fairly level spot. Some folks would fight for that land. Must be nice but then you miss out on all the challenges building a RR on hilly land. Lucky guy you. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Congrats Cale
I bet a lot of people would like to start over after learning all there mistakes
Have fun!!!!

tom h

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I take it you don't have to worry about others messing it? Great spot.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posted By NTCGRR on 01/29/2009 6:58 PM
I take it you don't have to worry about others messing it? Great spot.

Have never had a prob before, 4 houses & we sit at end of cul-dee-sac....Thought about that, but really have no plans to get crazy with bridges or structures, it should kinda mesh with surroundings....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts