G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to announce that on Saturday, Sept 20th the Wichita Area Garden Railway Society (WAGRS) will host it's 11th Annual Garden Railway Tour from 10AM-5PM. There are 5 railways on this year's tour.

The tour is FREE to the public and will take place rain or shine (Hopefully shine).

The tour map can be downloaded from here in PDF format. You will need Acrobat Reader to access the file.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
This is a good mix: three that have been on the tour before and two new ones! Jim Carter(pimanjc) is taking a well-deserved break this year so he can enjoy the tour. We should have a great time! (My pike's 100 miles away so I never get to join in the fun.)

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Herb,
Thanks for posting the Tour Guide. I usually email it to several guys but since it is here, I'll let them download it.
Jim Carter

Steve and Herb at my layout [meeting] last year.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today's the day for the WAGRS 11th Annual Garden Railway tour. Forcast is Sunny & mid-80 perfect day for the tour.

This morning's Wichita Eagle has done an article on David & Lana McLain's layout which one of the whistle stops on the tour. It includes pictures and a video from the engineer's view.

Hope you enjoy the article and hope to see you there.

Happy RRing,

Herb Reeves

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
It's a great article and a really well done video! The Mclains have a really fun layout that we can bring our trains to run on when they host WAGRS meetings. I'm glad to see that the weather is going to cooperate this weekend! I hope Dave and Lana didn't have too many washouts to repair!;)

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
A busy day you've had, eh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts