G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Richard, of course "she" meant 4 x 4. How silly of me, er, her. ;)

I'm taking a mandatory time out today (Monday) to write my monthly column. Back to Rider's tomorrow, when I attack those 4 x 4 pillars. BTW, the entry to this thread is outdated. All four walls are cut and so is the Precision Plastic siding. I now have to cut out the windows and doors, make some of the windows and doors and cut out the roof, for which I'll have to order up a large sheet of styrene from Russ Miller at TAP. That dang building has one roof side, which, because of the lean-to, is about 18 inches wide. I don't want to splice two pieces for the roof, so I'll need that bigger piece. As it is, I'll have to splice the Precision Plastic, which is 15 x 15 (actually more like 14-3/4 x 14-3/4 after you trim off the mold marks). Just to illustrate how goofy I can get, in the upstairs windows above the store I envision a single electric candle in each window, which is a custom/practice I first noticed in Strasburg, PA. It's not seasonal, like for Christmas. Them folks just keep those candles lit all year. And it's spreading to other parts of the country too! Go figure./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.