1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Posted By CCSII on 12/09/2008 12:38 PM
That's a Bachmann four door.

Now THAT'S funny!
Be careful, however.
You're liable to get a nasty gram from a really nice guy.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I had a Plymouth Volaré that (almost) did that! Bought it used, but the dealer had painted it... sure looked pretty... for about a week. Then there were some brown spots that began to show up in the creases of the fenders where the hood fit. Then a week later there were a few more in the door and fender sides.

I took it to the car wash wash and the jet from the wand blew holes in the thing all over. Most of the car went down the drain of the car wash! It was only dirty when I took it there, but it looked MUCH worse when I brought it back!

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought thats the way all Volare's rolled off the assembly line....lets all sing along with Ricardo Monteblane:

Volare!
Woe Woe woe woe oh...

Volare!
Dam thing won't go...

I hope you were able to salvage the "Rich Corinthian Leather"

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Nice!! Reminds me of when KIA started selling cars here...

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Volares....we had one, wagon, '76 with a 318 and posi, bare bones car otherwise with plastic seats and little police car hubcaps. The European made Michelin tires (US rubber worker's strike when the car was made, the car came without a spare) almost outlived the car as far as rot. Chrysler replced the front fenders under recall, but it did not matter to the rest of the car.

I could not open the link, but the main reason for the use of Japanese cars is they ar cheap and very abundant. The export of them when they are of a certain age and taxes prevent keeping them economically in Japan. The nicer cars are sold to the thrid world with exotics going to some markets, and the rougher ones are cut up and the motors/clips are sold in the US. Go to eBay and type in "JDM clip" to see some.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
If you could not open the clip, you missed a video morf of a car skidding to a stop and "dissolving" to a pile of... uh... 4 tires and some rubbish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts