G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading up on couplers I want to go with kadees. It would be nice to go with the bodymount set up but Im not sure it will work with my loco (sd70mac USA) I will likely need to put a few 9ft dia. curves in my layout. If going to 10 ft would make the difference then it might be possible. So assuming that I need the truck mount type on my cars what kadee couplers number do i need? I would like to keed the modification to a minimum. Not that I cant mod but if they make one that is bolt on that would be great. Thanks, Larry

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if Im going to go with the body mount which is the correct coupler for the loco? I looked at the kadee website and it looks like I have a couple options. #787 for the front with plow and rear #831 for tight tracks & #836 for 10'+. Is this correct or can I also use the #830 or #789 in the loco? Their website helps alot but it seems like you can really use any number of them depending on what your trying to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.