G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
It might be an old thread, but its a very relevant thread to beginners, so its good to revisit it from time to time. When I was buying track, and I use nothing but LGB or Piko, I got mine mostly used from Ebay and the local G scale shop, which was Watts Train Shop at first, then Zionsville Train Depot once Watts shut down. I had to go with Piko for my curves as LGB does not offer 10' diameter curves. Bachmann offers the old Aristocraft brass track now, so it should be a good option as well. I just liked how the LGB and Piko brass rail weather nicely outside, and my LGB track has been outdoors for nearly 20 years now with no issues with the plastic ties or switch motors. I do run dead rail now due to live steam use. So I no longer deal with rail joints not conducting power, which became an issue after about 7 or 8 years of outdoor ground level use. Mike

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Ebay, local shop if he has one. Which is Zionsville Train Depot for me personally. Even Amazon has track listed at times. Pick a brand of track, then google it. You will find many places to buy online, see who has the best prices.

·
Super Modulator
21,152 Posts
So, the facebook "swap and shop" groups (I have found 3 of them) are usually less expensive, since they pay no fees to ebay, and do not have brick and mortar to support.

get on facebook and search the phrase in quotes.

Greg

21 - 25 of 25 Posts