G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old LGB stainz that's just sitting around. I looke din the parts bin and I think I could make it into one of these, possibly the ugliest locos ever to run on mainline

Looks like fun

But the wheels on the Stainz are all worng--nearly solid when they should be spoked. Does anyone make an inexpensive set of replacement wheels that will fit an LGB 2020 motor block?

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
That particular engine type didn't pull trains on the mainline. It was a yard switcher. Neat loco though. I had one in HO many years ago. It was offered as a kit initially and was made of brass and zamac. I think there was a later one assembled with a plastic cab.

Sorry I can't help out with the wheels. I bet there's someone in the UK though that makes wheels somewhat that size.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Richard the answer is YES!

There are several companies selling wheels -but these are normally "casting" which the purchaser has to turn to requirements on a lathe. I have the "AH" catalogue and if you give me the wheel size required either in scale feet and inches (at 1:22.5) or in real world Millimetres I will see what I can find for you.

regards

ralph

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Or try Slaters, but then again, your LGB motorblock woun't do you much good

Then we are talking complete make over

1 - 4 of 4 Posts