G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Whazzit ?

1698 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  seadawg
While adjusting the R/C I just installed on my K-28 I noticed something I can't identify.

Please excuse the technical lingo, but here is a thingy on the right side of my K-28 that is some sort of adjustment with a long threaded rod and a nut holding a spring. The rod goes through a fat tube and terminates with a curved gizmo at the top of the reversing mechanism doohickey. What is it called? What does it adjust? Dave? Jason? Got any ideas? Right now the spring has no compression and the nut is loose, but it doesn't seem to affect anything that I can see or hear.

Is it merely a replication of something on the prototype that has no function on the model?

See less See more
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
Carl, I loved your description of the Whazzit. It made me smile and laugh out loud. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif It reminded me of when I would sail my 30 footer and on purpose call halyards, sheets, boom vangs, downhauls and the like, completly incorrect terms. After 20 years of haze gray and underway, I figured if I was the skipper of my own boat, I could call 'em what ever I wanted. I remember getting into a long discussion with a guy over the difference between rope and line (as if it really mattered!) When I was active duty all that was called small stuff anyhow.

It's your K, call it a Schnitzengrüben if you want! :D
See less See more
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.