G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Whazzit ?

1697 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  seadawg
While adjusting the R/C I just installed on my K-28 I noticed something I can't identify.

Please excuse the technical lingo, but here is a thingy on the right side of my K-28 that is some sort of adjustment with a long threaded rod and a nut holding a spring. The rod goes through a fat tube and terminates with a curved gizmo at the top of the reversing mechanism doohickey. What is it called? What does it adjust? Dave? Jason? Got any ideas? Right now the spring has no compression and the nut is loose, but it doesn't seem to affect anything that I can see or hear.

Is it merely a replication of something on the prototype that has no function on the model?

See less See more
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
Well I guess since I have 476 alao I should remove it to be proper!!
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.