G Scale Model Train Forum banner

What's your "take" on the new Aristo system?

18K views 107 replies 29 participants last post by  aceinspp 
Posted By Greg Elmassian on 11/01/2008 4:30 PM

The new system is coming, and information has been given out to many, so what do you think of this new system?

(for example that it has no interface to a sound system, like AirWire)

Regards, Greg

Well, I guess I'm not among the many, so I don't have a clue what we are talking about, other than the vaporware product from Aristo. When I here that someone actually has one and has some results to report, I guess I'll pay more attention. No interface to a sound system? Does that mean that now the only acceptable way to interface to a sound system is through what has proven to be (to me anyway) an unreliable DCC bus? I really don't need the capability to flush the toilet in the next to last passenger car by pressing a button. Bell and whistle is all I need.

(I also happen to have a new R/C system coming: it doesn't need GHZ for reliable operation, it won't cost an arm and a leg, and it will incorporate features no other R/C system has.)

Just got my advertiser's copy of the Feb 2009 Garden Railways. Aristo-Craft has the back cover. I've got to admit, it looks pretty nice (from a photo of the Tx anyway). What amazes me, is you go to the home page of their website, and apparently it isn't even worthy of being in the "news". They say in the ad "goto LSOL.com/aristocraft to see the video". Going there, you get a greeting inviting you to join LYSOL. Great way to distribute info Lewis! If you want me to buy this thing, show me the operator's manual and a real spec sheet first.

RE: What's your "take" on the new Aristo system?

Deleting your comments was a good thing Greg. Your on-going addiction to this Aristo/Lewis bashing is really getting a bit old for most of us. The only thing I care to take from his comments is the fact that the product will be delayed, and he has the courtesy to inform his customers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.