G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do the gold stars placed beside several of the posts in this forum signify?  I don't recall seeing them in any other forum.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what determines whether you get one, two, three, four, or five?

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
I saw your thinly veiled attempt to get gold stars in the Poll forum... 

As for the stars with a persons name, in a previous thread Shad said that the old forum used gold stars to indicate the member was a 1st class member and green for non-1st class members. The number of stars indicates the number of posts the member has made. He said the gold setup was his programming work, but the new system had no such programming. Maybe he has been adding it again and some are now gold members again????

In addition to the green and gold stars for each member I have noticed what is apparently a way to 'vote' for how good a thread is in that there are now a series of 5 stars at the top of the thread just to the right of the "Add Reply" button on the left. If you move your mouse over those stars they will brighten from left to right based on where the mouse arrow is in the string of stars. If you then click the mouse you have voted to assign that many stars to the thread... presumably, the more stars that are highlighted the more you like the thread. 

Then in the list of topics, on the right side you will see an average of all the stars that have been "voted" for a thread for which someone has voted. In the list that shows this thread, apparently, you or someone else had clicked on that set of stars and had all of them highlighted and the forum list of threads show(ed) 5 stars... sorry, but to see if that is really what they are about, I clicked in the middle of the set and "voted" only 3 stars and now the forum list of threads shows less than 5. 

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 07/28/2008 9:41 PM
I saw your thinly veiled attempt to get gold stars in the Poll forum... 

I was attempting nothing and I don't own a veil.  I'm not sure if your were going for humor, or being snide in your reply.  Either way, I simply posted a poll that I thought would be silly and fun.  If not, so be it.  As far as the gold stars for "liked" postings, that's what I was asking about.  I understood about the member rankings (green stars), but I hadn't seen these other ones on the right of the lists before and I didn't attempt to get gold stars.  

Ed

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Well, SlateCreek guessed that if you started a poll you might get gold stars, so I figger'd that you had started a poll to see if that got you gold stars... it didn't, but if you'll notice, it did get you at least one vote for prez! (Okay, I, too, would rather have Gold stars than be put upon to be pretzledent, but at least it is something!) Okay, okay, I'll try to be good, and I still won't charge for it... I am still good for nuttin'.

Up until just about 6 hours ago, I did own a veil, but I just gave away the doll that had it so I don't own one anymore either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts