G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
My kids have no idea how to use a map or a road atlas but give 'em mapquest and they've got no problem finding the place. I suspect people who grow up relying on GPS will be even more clueless.

The times they is a changin'

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
In defense of women...

I like the story about a lady that left her car at the dealership to be worked on and when she arrived to pick it up she was told they had locked her keys in the car by accident. She went to the shop and saw one of the tech's working furiously with a slimjim on the driver's door trying to get it unlocked. She, being on the passenger side, tried that door and found it unlocked. She pointed this out to the tech, who replied, "Yes, I got that one earlier and now I am working on this door." /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Sad, so sad.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Blond went to a bank in New York City and asked to borrow $1,000. The banker asked for how long and she said thirty days, The banker then asked what she had for collateral and she said she would leave them her BMW and she did.

Thirty days later she came back into the bank, repaid the loan and the interest, about ten dollars, and the banker asked her why if she had enough money to drive a BMW did she need to borrow $1,000?

She answered that she didn't need the money but she had been in Europe for a month long vacation and to park her car in New York City for a month would have cost her a great deal more than the interest she paid on the loan. She then drove off in her BMW.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've heard of children being fascinated with manual crank windows in cars (all they've ever seen is electrically controlled ones). To the point of wanting to show their parent this neat new mechanism!

--
craig

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
That one about the bank loan is great!!!

We could go on and on with stories of this type.

When my kids were small and had friends over to play, the friends would often need to call home. I got such a kick out of watching them try to use

the Dial Phone we had in one of our rooms.:confused:

·
Registered
301 Posts
That reminds me of the story on the Chicago TV news:

A woman telephoned police to complain that she couldn't get her car to move.

The officers asked her who made the car, and she replied that she didn't know.

They told her that the brand name was often found on the steering column.

She checked and replied that she was driving a 1975 PRNDL.

cheers

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
If we held a seminar over the weekend, we could teach them which CV to set and the doors would do it remotely.
And, if you use the new secret super-power source that works through tape, even with the battery dead.

Utah.

Ah, well, ........

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Holy crap...this is possibly true...from my son and HIS experience.

"This story might be true, and without the lady being stupid. My BMW double-locked the doors, so that if you were in the car and it was locked with the keyfob, you could not unlock the car. The electronic buttons wouldn't work, and the manual locks were recessed into the doors so you couldn't grab them, and the door handles would pull but not open the door. The manual described this as a security feature. I wouldn't be surprised if the media got this one wrong and spun it to make the lady look dumb."

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Hammer.
Big one.
Kept under the seat.
That'll get you outta one of them Bimmers.

·
Registered
514 Posts
There was a time when sales employees were required to be good at arithmetic, especially in adding up the amount of a customers purchase and how much change to give them if more than the required amount was tendered.

Now they barely know the day of the week as the till/cash registers do it all.

It is a sad fact that so many jobs these days seem to require employees not only to leave their coats and hats in the cloakroom but their brains as well!

No wonder there is such a lack of "job satisfaction"./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
The 911 call is actually part of a commercial for something .... it's not an actual 911 call. It's a lot like the one for the Washington Lottery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77BUuNh39c

Sounds like the real thing ..... but even in the 911 world of "I don't believe that person just asked me that" ... not real.

This one, however, is. Often imitated, impossible to clean up (so, if you've got small children, or folks who don't take well to the foulest of language, don't play it!) this is both an interesting example, and typical of the sort of folks we deal with every day on 9-1-1!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_habakm5sw

Matthew (OV)

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I'm trying to figure out WHY a car would have such a locking system. You're trapped!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts