G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this pic on railfan.net a few years back, and just couldn't resist. It shows tripleheaded Baltimore & Ohio EM-1s (Baldwin built 2-8-8-4) pulling a coal drag in 1956

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Great picture.  I tend to have a photo of my family as my wallpaper.  Occassionaly when I mishave my wife will have smoke coming out of her head:D

·
Super Moderator
4,961 Posts

At home, I've got a slideshow of scenes I've shot on the TRR over the past few years. The cool thing is that I've got a 2-monitor setup, and when I'm just checking e-mail or surfing, the second monitor is clear, kind of a large digital photo frame.

At work, I've got a picture of Suzi. (Hey, at home I've got the real thing!)

Later,

K

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Mine changes now and then. Right now it's a photo a colleague took in an ice storm.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Mine is a series of Colorado Narrow Gauge related scenes from a commercial CD I picked up several years ago at one of the QM BTS shows.

It cycles whenever my computer reboots.

Jim

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Mine changes pretty regulary, but at the moment it's a pic my son took on the Nevada Northern last week when we visited and rode.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Mine at work is a post card or photo of one of the Wellsville Addison & Galeton F7's that I hope to model someday.

Thanks for asking!

Chas

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
Well, I have some great wallpaper, but I haven't had the time to figure out how to post a photo yet. So this post will only serve as a marker so I can subscribe to the topic and see your photos.

Well, lets try this ...

A view from the cab riding on Shay #12 on the Georgetown Loop, August 2003. Do you recognize this Digger?

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
My wallpaper changes as the mood dictates.  Usually chosen from a mix of train stuff, vacation memories, and garden shots.  You can be pretty sure that I'm NOT using any pix of snow right now!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif 

Yes, Del, I remember that day very well!  One of the most enjoyable days I've ever spent.  Got quite an education that day.  It's a lot of work to operate one of those beasts, and it requires a great deal of knowledge and experience to do it right.  Much more to it than just pulling on the throttle and working the brakes!   Here's a shot I've used as desktop wallpaper on occasion, taken from the same viewpoint as yours, but a different location.   BTW, posting on this new forum format is a heck of a lot simpler with the "Insert/Edit Image" link in the toolbar!:D

Silver Plume terminal, from the engineer's side of the cab, GLRR Shay #12,  August, '03

FYI... here's what is on my desktop this morning.  Something to remind what things may look like again about 4 months from now....

Oscar at the Maxwell Mine, May '07

G

·
I have a photo of my yellow lab Topaz.  She died of a brain tumor last year.  She was a great dog and a great friend, and I miss her very much.  We rescued her from a very abusive man who beat her, left her chained up for days without food, and finally, left her at our vets to be put down.  I'm normally not a violent or angry man, but seeing her for the first time really made me want to hunt this guy down and give him what he deserved.  Topaz was in really bad shape, and very skiddish when we got her.  I can still picture her in my mind, shaking and terrified in her little laundry basket that she was in at the vet.  She really touched me and I reached out to save her.  It took a while, but I finally earned her trust and she became the most loving dog I've ever owned. She was so sweet and so smart.  I can't for the life of me figure out why that *$%@ would have mistreated her.  Anyway, I keep her photo on my laptop so I will always remember.  Her last days were very hard on me, and she died in my arms.  The first few years of her life were a living ****, but her last five years she was spoiled rotten and given anything and everything she could have ever needed or wanted.  I'd like to think she died happy and in peace. I still tear up sometimes when I see the photo and think of all the fun we had together.  I'm tearing up as I write this.  I guess I'm just an old softy.  Sorry my photo's not a train, but I think you guys will understand.  Nothing, not even a train comes between a boy and his dog.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I use Johns Background Switcher to control my wallpaper display. Details are on the website. Have it configured to pull photos from Flickr filtered by specific tags. Currently Alaska. At work the tag is set to barns. Just a cool program.
This message was sent to post at least something on the new MLS and to see if it is possible to use html tags in quick replies. I will find out here in a moment or two.

Joe in the suburban wastelands of the former pine barrens of the SC Midlands.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts