G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Would like to see Aster make the Erie Triplex. That my friends, would be a BEAST!!
I wonder if Aster could make one that would actually run well. The real ones did not. But, they sure are something to look at.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Dr. Rivet......................

You start off by saying how "we" are "Something else", for stating our dream loco's. Then you explain the economics of:
Getting Aster to build a engine of which I whole hearty understand and agree with you on. (Thanks Han's for having the guts to do it). And then "you" do what you tell "us" not to do and name the engines that "you" would like to see. Lighten up, or at least be consistent.
I know Aster should never build a Erie Triplex (That was my suggestion) but it is fun to think about such things.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I am surprised that the Aster Mike didn't sell out sooner

My opinion is that with the Mikado, Aster delivered what was asked for. A awesome engine at a lower price point. They were able to do this because of the lack of detail. When people saw it, they did however mis this detail................thus the slow sale through. Proof of this is how the Southern Mikado with axle pump and all the usual Aster detail sold out rather fast. Aster did offer a detail kit and axle pump for the basic Mikado. This was after many had already built their kits or had purchased their ready to run and are hard to add (for most) after the original build.

All this being said, the Aster Mikado is one of the finest running Loco's Aster has ever built and will pull like a mule. The video posted shows this. The three that run at my track on a regular basis show this too. If the builder of the kit has done their job correctly, they are just about bullet proof. A great engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts