G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many forums of this style have, in addition to the Active Topics feature, two handy buttons on each topic line.

One, usually in front of the topic title, is a "Go to last post" button which obviously takes you right to the end, and the second, usually after the title, is a "Go to the last NEW (since last visit) post. This eliminates the need to scroll down through old posts something new. Your choice.

Something to think about?

Great forum though all the same.

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Dave

The features/functions that you are speaking of are already present and have been since we switched to the new forum software. They're just not implemented in the exact manner you've described.

There are two settings in your User Forum Profile that once set will;
  1. Automatically place you at the "First Unread Reply" in a topic since your last visit. Anytime you click a topic title listed in bold type on the Active Topics screen.

Although, if there are a great many pictures included within the replies on that page it may seem this feature isn't working properly. This is because the images can take a great deal longer to download and you're positioned to the top of the "First Unread Reply" based on the text.
    Will set the sequence in which all replies in a given topic will be displayed (i.e. oldest to newest, or newest to oldest.)
To configure these settings...
[*] On the right end of Forum Toolbar located in the upper area of most all forum screens, click the My Profile link as depicted in the below image.
[/list]

[*] After the User Forum Profile screen displays, scroll down slightly (if required) until you see the Edit Profile link on the left side of the screen, and click it.

[*] After the Edit Profile screen displays, if required scroll down until the Preferences section is visible as depicted in the following image.
[/list]

The two settings referred to are indicated in the above image by the two red arrows
[*]Sort Posts: This setting controls the default sequence that replies within a topic are displayed, Oldest First or Newest First. If once you're on a topic page and wish to change the sequence this can be accomplished using the drop-down list found in the far right of the reply area header bar as depicted in the following image. [/list]

[*]Jump to First Unread Post: The second setting if selected (i.e. check mark present in the check box) will cause you to automatically jump to the first unread reply within a topic after you click its title on the Active Topics page. [/list] After making the desired configuration settings don't forget to click the Update Profile[/b] link located in the lower-left of the Edit Profile screen.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the update. I passed right over that and it's been a frustration at times.

Much appreciated.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts