G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Live Steam Forum there are posts showing a time of last post (10 minutes ago) as 3/6/08 3:12 PM for my posting a few minutes ago and another 3/6/08 2:42 PM, yet it is at the time of writing this post it is 3/6/08 7:26 AM PST.  EST vs PST would not account for the time shift.  So MLS is either in the Twilight Zone or the system clock is in need of resetting. 

Chris Scott

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Check the time zone in your profile.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Profile:
Location = Sonoma, CA

Account info:
City = Sonoma
Country = United States
Region = California

I could not find anywhere or fill-in items in the profile where I could enter a Time Zone. Additionally no place to edit or no "edit" function on the Account Info (tabbed) page of the Profile. I'd think I might have to have specified London to get to time error shown above (but I did not specify London), and I did not calculate the exact zone from the time differential error.

Another Example: Dwight made a post today sometime, in a thread Steamaholics Membership List. As I write this it is now 3/6/08 12:56 PM PST; Dwight's post shows he made his post to the thread at 03/06/2008 7:31 PM. ?????

And if that were not enough, if you will look at the time of your post above it shows 3/6/08 7:50 PM - need the error be any clearer?

If you need more info or suspect my profile is still wrong I think you have the resources to review it yourself rather than you and I play post tag, or examine Dwight's profiles. But I think if you keep going down the path of individual profiles being in error you will have everyone on this forum checking their profiles or you will be checking them for the days it will take you.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I did it. The time zoenwas set to mountain time- one hour difference. So this is a test for what time it is.... for this posted message.

Give the time that appears above it will tell what time zone this forum is based. if it's the east coast the time should be 3 hours later, etc. If the forum is based on the west coast the time shown shoud be roughly (time now) 3/7/08 11:42 AM.

Ready here goes...

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about that, the time is correct for the west coast.

How having the time zone 1 hour off (Mountain 1 hour later vs Pacific Time) resulted in a posting time difference of 6 hours (as shown inthe fir post above), baffles me. 6 hours would put the forum server in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gifOK that is intersting, acording to that list I should be +7 or 8 hours, sorry boys but I am 16 hours ahead of California time here in the Philippines. Have also been noticeing weird time postings. Many are posting times that are only 2 or 3 hours behind me and I know you arn't even on the same day there let alone that close. Very intersting. Still I think Shads computer clock is off by 12 hours an  AM--PM thing.:)

Roland

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Posted By Bob in Mich on 03/08/2008 12:03 PM
test

Test?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif    When/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif   Is is open book  or do we have to study for it?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif    I need more time/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts