G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a stone viaduct for Christmas and while at the local train shop I was looking at some other Aristocraft built up structures. I assume Aristo structures are 1/29 but one can never truly tell does anyone know What scale are Aristo built up structures?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
They are 1/24 more or less. Some of the molds have been around for a long time like this freight depot bought as an old Hobbytown kit -

-Brian

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I figured they were somewhat large for 1/29. I was looking at the Aristo built up Church and some things about seemed large for 1/29. Just thought Aristo marketed them as 1/29 and thought if they were marketed that way they would be well, uh, 1/29

Nate

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Yep well, with AristoCraft black can be white and white can be black depending what they need it to be .

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I've asked Lewis a number of times,1:24th sales better. Same with Just plain folk. John said 1:29 just don't sale. 1:24th why ?? I have no clue.

·
Super Modulator
20,564 Posts
I:24 was an easy math solution long ago, but I suspect it can "work" for both 1:29 and 1:20.3. Maybe the history is also tied into the old 1:24 trains, but 1:24 buildings just keep happening..

If they made "scale" buildings, we probably would get 1:20.3 (disaster for 1:29), or 1:32 which would probably be too small a market.

Just some thoughts.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts