Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
RE: What "NEW" camera did everyone get?

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I got a Canon Power Shot A590 IS. Cost just $134 and takes great pictures as well as video. With the upgraded memory card it will take over 1,000 pictures or over an hour of video. I really don't know as I have never been able to max it out.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts

I have a canon sd500 it,s about five years old and does a fine job. I bought a waterproof case for it for taking pictures when snorkling and also when at the water park with the grandkids.Also have the updated memory card it will hold more pictures than i will ever use.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts

Last year I managed to upgrade, Nikon Coolpix L18, 8 megapixels with memory card, I can take a ton of pics in large format

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

I'm amazed at the things my new Canon SD880 can do. It's almost as smart as a Terminator T-100. It can detect and focus on multiple faces. In addition to a traditional self-timer, it can also detect when a new face joins a group. It then shoots a series of three shots of the group.

But it also lets you make adjustments manually, which is great. And the wide angle lens really makes a difference on those "scale eye-level" shots of the layout.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
We just got a Kodak easy share C913 9.2 mega pixels, card holds 1500 pics, cost $99. Also have a Canon power shot A75 about 5-6 yrs old.
The Kodak runs on 2 AA batteries and takes great picks.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I got a Cannon A590 IS. $109 no tax, no shipping. Still trying to find all the features and try them out. Not really satisfied with the software. My Kodak crashed after 2 years. I really liked the Kodak but was irritated with the longevity.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was very fortunate to get a very nice camera from my wife for Christmas. I got a new Canon Digital Eos Rebel XT with 18-55mm, 28-80mm, and 80-200mm lens and a Canon 420ex speedlite. When I get a temporary layout up, I will get some photos up. I am into photography almost as much as big trains! Hope to see new pictures from everyone!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

One thing I'll have to get used to is remembering to bring, and put on, my reading glasses when I'm using the new camera. Didn't need them to look through the viewfinder on my old cameras, but definitely needed to see this LCD screen.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts

Old habits die hard. I keep trying to look through this one where there isn't any place to look through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts