G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member of my railroad club was making signals and had a class on how he did it, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Here's what I've been making.

Sorry the layout looks so bad, it was a harsh winter with ice storms and downed trees and very high winds. The signals are all brass except the back of the target which is copper. They have working LED's as well. I tought they came out pretty good so I thought i'd share.
Happy railroading!!

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
They look great.. I made some for our R.R. out of brass tubing and ya... Ladders out of HO Brass track.. But i like the way your turned out.. Can I ask, where do you get the ladder material?? 

Guess I need to re-do all of mine..

:)Tks for sharing.. Noel & Jane

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trainmaster, no progress shots but i'm gonna make some more for some folks so i'll take some.

Noel, the ladders are scratch built from 1/16th square brass tubing and .042 brass rod.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
That looks great, what era would that type cover?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marty, to be bluntly honest I don't know. I know the newer ones by me have oval targets with pegs on the pole to climb. I run narrow guage and i don't think they ever used them in that era but my railroad is fictional so what the heck. I have seen some pictures from the early 60's with some signals like these and i'm sure they would have survived until they need replaced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts