G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am only testing the waters, and looking for ideas. If you were given the opportunity to obtain a, or a few 1:32, laser cut wood car kits, what would it be? In plastic we have reefers, boxcars coming soon, hoppers still out there if you look hard. So, what would it be?

Flatcar?
Gondola?
Tankcar?
Deep-well Flatcar?
Something else?

Keep in mind, looking for ideas that are broad reaching, and could be incoporated in any backyard railyard. That model of the obscure caboose, that your favorite railroad had 7 of, ain't it.

Peace,

Kent

· Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Posted By altterrain on 07/31/2008 10:48 PM
One that is 10.3% bigger! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

-Brian

It took me a few minutes to figure that one out. I'm gonna guess you are one of those NG guys, arentcha? [email protected]$$ :D

· Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John,

Thanks for the update. I just did a search and found some pictures of the 1:32 B-50 alongside the 1:20.3. Incredible detail in those cars.

Any word on pricing for the Gondolas? Rough estimate for the B-50s when they come out?

Thanks,

Kent

· Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mike,

I am only looking to judge interest at the moment. I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking this WILL happen. I don't have the tools and knowledge personally for this project. I do know of a few people out there that do, and may be in a position to assist further down the road, once 'project lists' get shorter. And then again, research may show the cost of producing a limited run, detailed craftsman kit may price it out of the market for a majority of buyers. The hardest part will be obtaining the small detail parts for completion. I can find all kinds of 1:20.3 stuff, some 1:29 and close to none in 1:32. Time will tell.

And I totally agree, with the lack of 1:32 rolling stock out there, it would be a shame to see duplicate efforts.

Jerry, I agree. Some good plans would be a great start. Does anyone know where there might be some already in existance, instead of going through all that work to re-scale?

· Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
John,

I remember that thread of the Stock Car. I would check it daily, waiting to see the latest work. Even my gf at the time was impressed, and she wasn't into trains or models. I would love to hear more about the release of that car.

Kent

· Premium Member
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Mark,

That sounds like a wonderful idea. I'll be the first to admit, I'm a steam dude. I did have kick a$$ intermodal in my HO days. Perhaps a rake of articulated deep well, double container cars, or a whole lot of those ITX articulated rail trailers. The only concern is, who has 1:32 Diesel? Unless you are furtunate to have a Wada Works GP-9, or have Accucraft GP-9s coming, that would work great. I'll put my ignorance out there. What other 1:32 Diesel Electric locos are out there?

I don't see my S-12 pulling those cars. Doesn't mean they shouldn't exist. Would you happen to have any plans or drawings?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.