G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Dwight Ennis on 08/02/2008 8:33 AM
Carter Brothers rolling stock. Boxcars (both ventilated and non-ventilated), flat cars, gons, coaches (bullnose), etc. Hartford used to supply some of these, but it's damn near impossible to get them anymore.
Because not everyone models Colorado. ;)" border=0>

Darn, beat me to it, especially the early light stuff.

Billmeyer and Small too, but Hartford and Accucraft had some of their four wheel cars.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
RE: What is your 1:20 scale "dream car"

Neat, there was an ex Diplomatic Jaguar Mark X that was here in Nashville, from the BeNeLux as memory serves.....

Early Jags got a bad rep from the later smog strangled ones. Very reliable cars in the proper hands, similar to the Citroen ID/DS cars, another casualty of preceived problems Vs. real ones. Back in the days I owned, serviced, and was around a few of both marques with more than 200K on the clock.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
RE: What is your 1:20 scale "dream car"

Nah, don't go messing about with it, RHD is fine, until you try and pass on a two lane by yourself. And you can pick up a paper or postal route for an addtl' income!

As far as the plates, I do have an interesting story involving French tourist plates and a law enforcement officer in Ohio one foggy early morning..... I had a friend that would drive grey market Mercs with old/retired German plates in Nashville with never a bit of trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts