G Scale Model Train Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Nick,

Seems to me like you need to do this to another one of the locomotives you have now huh?? hehe

Dont worry your CR 70MAC will have a good new home. :) It's already been detailed on the grillework side, now I may do what you did to all my locos as well with the MU's

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Posted By Paul Burch on 10/30/2008 8:30 PM
Nick,
A 3mm led with the leads bent over at 90 degrees fit just fine. Just slip a small diameter shrink wrap on the leads so that the wire connection is below the deck. The ones I did were a bit more of a challenge because I was trying to duplicate the way S.P. did their retrofits on the SD40R's. I hope to get pictures up next week of the SD40R.

Thanks Paul, i found some 3mm LEDs they fit good .
now i just need to find heat shrink that small for the wires..
Nick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Posted By yutzk on 11/02/2008 9:10 AM
Nick,

Seems to me like you need to do this to another one of the locomotives you have now huh?? hehe

Dont worry your CR 70MAC will have a good new home. :) It's already been detailed on the grillework side, now I may do what you did to all my locos as well with the MU's

Kevin,
I received your UP dash 9 and it will be put to good use as well. i will detail her up and put her to work. i really like the grill work being painted black so i have started to paint all my loco grill work black!! thanks for the good ideal looks great. now i better not get anymore UP locos other wise people might think i like the UP better than CSX or the NYC he he

Nick...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Nice looking SP unit. Great detail even along the right of way. Later RJD

21 - 25 of 25 Posts