G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/unsure.gifI was reading through some older copies of Garden Railways and found several ads for a "NEW" Aristocraft, cylinder grain hopper (pre-production model photo). I'm pretty sure Aristocraft doesn't sell such a car today. What happened? Was this a idea that never developed or did they sell them and sell out or something? I'd like to have one of these if they were ever actually made. Please advise.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Ed
The up start cost was going to be way to hi and Lewis put it on the back burner for now.
Seems to me it was $90,000.00 just for mold cost plus all the extras.
Thats also why they are coming out with a more reasonable item like the all purpose stack car.
So you can place your roadrailers in them.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Its a shame they put it back. I think they could recoup if they wanted to. Still reeling in the money on all there old molds. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Posted By aceinspp on 04/04/2008 6:13 PM
Its a shame they put it back. I think they could recoup if they wanted to. Still reeling in the money on all there old molds. Later RJD

I agree completely. They still produce thousands of those old 40 foot boxcars and three dome tank cars for example. They even still use that ugly brake wheel on cars they've painted up in 'new' colours. They are very disappointing.

I will still refrain completely from buying any of those other odd covered hoppers that show up with Canadian grain related paint schemes. While I could have lived with the errors in the planned Aristo product I can't get comfortable with the beautifully done USAT hopper much less the poor LGB model.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts