G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a week now and I don't see any threads about what everyone got for Christmas.

Take some pics and post your treasures.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Gee I ate the Pears and the smiles of my recipiants have faded...
I was Blessed getting another Christmas :)

John

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Rivette,

As for train stuff a Hartford Way car kit with interior, a Connie that I'm working on and around 800 ft of lagas alluminum code 250 track and around 30 switches. We are going to build a railroad this spring.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Vic, that's a hoot!

I got a few hundred bucks Christmas money that has already gone to bills, a cute string-art thingy, and two bags of York Peppermint Patties. Yummy!

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roush and Chuck, you guys were either real good or you snookered Santa.

Vic, Obviously you need to talk to Roush and Chuck cause you're doin something wrong

Funny, I hate candy canes but I like Peppermint paddies.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Our live steam brethren were most likely wishing for a stocking filled with coal! Good Welsh or Pocahontas steam coal, that is, and sized for gauge 1 width fireboxes.

I did not get any train related gifts, although I enjoyed all the good things I received. The best gift I received was that the lab reports came back negative for cancer after my wife's operation on 12/21/12.

I did buy a slightly used O gauge K-line REA express boxcar as a head end car for my O gauge passenger train.

Even the fancy trains had a lot of head end cars. Most modellers today have forgotten that the head end traffic (mail, express, and certain perishibles) helped to offset the money lost on passenger revenue during the steam era. Almost any standard gauge passenger train from the steam days could benefit from having one or more head end cars added.

Have fun,
David Meashey

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Santa brought me mostly train related books this year.

But I did get something for the G scale layout. An LGB 43730 gondola.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts