1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Motive power

Regner Willi live steamer
Regner Vincent soon
LGB Feldbahn diesel converted to onboard battery

Track is all LGB, I find it holds up better outdoors than Aristo or LGB, sleepers do not fade or get stiff/brittle from our weather extreams.

Cheers Mike

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I have sold off my live steam motive power for now, ah life as a student on limited funds, but all is not lost. Like the post above, my hard earned $$ goes to LGB across the board, from track to motive power. I have but one piece of non LGB rolling stock, a lone Kalamzoo flat car with crane on it. Its been rewheeled with San-Val metal wheels. The rest of my rolling stock is all LGB with thier metal wheels in them. Motive power is a lone 2119d Bumblebee Mogul with drop in LGB digital sound added to the tender. Layout power is a LGB 1amp power pack that I hope to upgrade to LGB MTS one day soon. Figure prices should come down as the technology gets outdated. The sound package already has a MTS decoder in it, just need a decoder for the locomotive now. Being the shop mechanice for 2 hobby shops and seeing my fair share of other brands(in all scales though), LGB holds the prize for overall durablity in operation. Bachmann being the worst and the others falling inbetween them. That being the factory drives, not upgraded Bachmanns ect. The Annie holds up the best of the Bman's I havent experienced any of the non-German produced LGB yet in the shop so only can speak for the older West Germany produced items. Cheers Mikie

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
LGB in my book have the most bulletproof drive, and best plastic for long term use outdoors(atleast the older German production). I have no experience with the new product since Marklin took over but initial reports are good. My track is going on 17 years outdoors with no major issues. They will cost you more to own in the short term, but in the long term they cost less to maintain and run without any major issues. I do have one non LGB engine, and older Aristocraft Alco FA1 with the fully sprung trucks. Its converted to onboard battery power and runs flawlessly. Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts