G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I dragged my butt to work for my third 16 hour shift in 4 days.  Needless to say I was dragging, and wasn't looking forward to a crappy TV line-up.  Yeah, we're allowed to watch tv at work, kills time when it's quiet.  Anyways, I reached into my lunchbox, and there was the new SITG!!  My fiance' hit it when she got the mail, and snuck it into my cooler.  Needless to say, last night flew, and I'm a very happy man!!!

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
And I was happy to find spicy mustard on my ham sandwich?!?!

Good fiance' you have there, sounds like a keeper!

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Garrett, My ham and turkey sandwich last night had honey mustard too, the kind with a few whole mustard seeds in it. Yummmmmmmm...

Yeah Dennis, I'm keeping her. I have finished gathering eleven OO Teak cars yesterday so I can put together the Hornby live steam train for her. Sitting here watching the snow come down, I'm really looking forward for six weeks from now and start building the elevated HO live steam layout!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm glad to know that someone other than my Fiance' thinks I'm a keeper.  Thank you very much!  Knowing how much He loves trains, I just had to include the newest copy of SITG in His lunchbox...as a surprise, of course.   Seeing the new cars He bought me to go along with my Ruby ( as a Valentine's Day gift), made me realize even more how much railways really do mean to Him.  I'm happy to see the glow on His face as a live steam loco runs past Him and to see the joy in His eyes as He finds another car to add to His (or should i say Oour) future railway...

Wwe're talking about getting married at DiamondHead next year...does anyone know if someone going might happen to be a judge or Justice of the Peace?

Love and joy to all...

Karen

·
Registered
24 Posts
Karen,Jerry Reshew is a Rabi.:)No I am not Kidding :DHe can Have the Big track as the Back Drop.I think It would Be a Great Place to:D Get Married:D.You are definitely a KEEPER.:DYou could have Jerry do a Ger-nick Wedding:).You Could Cut The KING CAKE./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gifI Think it would Be Great./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gifWedding Meal can Be the Luncheon at the Golf and County Club that We are all going to Saterday...The Money that You would Save,WELL WHAT a Live Steamer You Could GET> :):):):):D
Best to the Both of You
Bob

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Karen

I think that Jim Pitts (Southern Steam Trains) is a Minister of Religion - in case that fits in with your plans. Not sure if he is Baptist or Methodist .

Do we bring wedding gifts? And should they have flanged wheels?

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
Posted By AsterUK on 02/24/2008 7:13 AM
Karen

I think that Jim Pitts (Southern Steam Trains) is a Minister of Religion - in case that fits in with your plans. Not sure if he is Baptist or Methodist .

Do we bring wedding gifts? And should they have flanged wheels?

And that's asked by "AsterUK".  Maybe there's a fullsize Mallard in your future together ?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob,

Karen and I are looking into doing something in MS. We'll probably have the legal paperwork stuff up here, and have a steam celebration at DH. Ten months away, I'm sure it will be grand.

Kent SA# 4468 LNER Mallard

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Posted By rkapuaala on 02/25/2008 3:11 PM
Where did you find your job, and your girl 

I am a 911 Dispatcher.  A normal shift could be waiting and waiting for something to happen.  And most of the times it isn't anything big.  Non life threatening medical runs mostly, fire alarms and such.  

I found her on line, a site a lil different from trains or steam

And yes Mark, the "Wedding Train" will be there.  I am looking to spend a few months detailing the cars, adding diaphrams on the car ends (gangway connectors, as they call them)  I'm also hoping to get the cars apart to insert some passengers in there, and add a lil more weight to the cars so I can give the Mallard a REAL workout.

·
Registered
620 Posts
We also could reinstate the Boudreau's Butt Paste Train if you want something more colorful.  It hasn't run in several years now.  New coupler standards would need to be enforced though.  The rubberbands the last time didn't quite make it!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Also, The Butt Paste Kazoo Band could provide music with enough advance notice for some practice. Larry Herget was selected as our new leader as he had a distinct advantage of not being able to hear our sweet notes!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Boudreau's Butt Paste Train? Hmmmmm, I'm not sure I like the sound of that. Or perhaps I really DO like the sound, and am being coy... First of all, I think there has to be a picture of this somewhere.

Kent SA# 4468 LNER Mallard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Butt Paste Kazoo Band?  LOL  That's pretty funny.  I think we'd have to hear some of their musical stylings before deciding on that one....right, my Love?  :)  The wedding train sounds great though.  

Thanks so much for all of the replies.  You're a great bunch and we can't wait to meet you all at DH!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You Both Can Come down to Michigan This August For The 4 Day Steamup We have first weekend of August.THE HUCKLEBERRY.Lots to see We have a running Real K-27 that You will ride.30 Miles away 1225 Berkshire.The real Poler Express.And if that dose not sound great We also Have a Real LIMA BUILT ALLEGHENY t Greenfield Village
GREAT PLACE TO COME FOR A STEAMUP
More info at www.mssls.info

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
CCS and CCSGF,

As food for thought regarding your wedding train, I offer the following pictures of our wedding train:

Those are LGB streamlined coaches, undecorated versions.  I took digital pictures of family and friends, printed them out and put them in self laminating badges.  Those were cut to size and fit in place.  The way those coaches are constructed, a single band of plastic runs the entire length of each side.  Effecively, the self laminated pictures are held in place by that band, no tape, no adhesives.  Come to think of it, I actually need to change some of the pictures, since my sister and one groomsmen are pictured with people that are no longer in the picture...

Anyway,  have fun and good luck.  Glad to see you both posting here!

Mark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts