G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a train show in Anaheim, CA. this weekend it was well attended with lots of folks, vendors and modular layouts.  I am walking down the aisles, not seeing much, when I stumbled onto a very early LGB German diesel loke, painted green and very dusty.  I don't model the European countryside, however for $35.00 I can use the details, hoods and power truck.  It has been run, but has many more hours of useful life in it.  I put it on rollers and discovered that it not only runs like an LGB engine, the lights work and it has a very early sound system! SCORE!  So now I need to decide what to do with it.  Bash it and use it for parts or run it as-is... decisions... decisions.  Just wanted to share my good fortune with a group of people who would appreciate it,  Don.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts

Paul
I mailed a check to Ralph for that loco yesterday.

Please close the fridge door as I am freezing down here near Boston...

Ray

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Don,
Sounds like you made a great score, I can't wait to see what that loco looks like after it's been "Gage'd"...... :) :)

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Don, so glad to read your post and to see that you are prowling train shows. Sorry I missed the show (and Door Hollow). March for sure.

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Don,

It was great talking to you on Saturday.

Here are a couple of pictures I shot of Bob Baxter's Stevenson Rocket on the Door Hollow Shortline last Saturday at the The Great
Train Expo Show in Anaheim.

Tommy

Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Wish I could have been there, too many other obligations. Sounds like it was a good show.....maybe Costa Mesa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts