G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  The invitation's open. Oh, by the way, the "person" that I was referring to was Stan Ames. You know, it's funny but Stan's got a response for everything! It may not be an answer (come to think of it, it almost never is!) but it is a response! In this case, he intimated that the fault might lie with Caboose Hobbies and not Bachmann which I will admit is at least possible which is why I included that statement in my post. As to Bachmann's Marketing Dept. screwing up by the numbers on the K-27, what part of this fiasco did you think went smoothly? Stan calls that spreading rumors. I call it as I see it: an almost non-existant (but certainly incomprehensible) marketing strategy! 
  As to my postings about the Ames' "supersocket", I have some definite and strong opinions which haven't changed! I still think it's unnecessary and detrimental to the hobby in the long term but I am willing to conceed that I might be mistaken so I have "backed off" on the inflamatory posts. I have already decided that Stan and I will just have to agree to disagree.
  As to the "rumors'" that you seem to think I am slinging about, which ones in particular are you referring to? One thing to remember: just because it's a rumor doesn't mean that it doesn't have a basis in fact! There's a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes! It's not wise to assume that a rumor is automatically false. For the most part I try and stay away from rumors unless there is substantial reason for me to believe it. 
  So, if you've got something to discuss with me now's the time! Go for it.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
  Still waiting..... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif   Yeah, that's what I thought!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif  Mr. Miller, a personal observation: if you want to throw out personal attacks have the courage to follow through. (Okay, show's over. No flame war here!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts