G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its well with my soul!!!!
started another cheap project.
 I also always set my coupler hiegth withKadee G scale ones.
 most 1:1 are 33 to 34" tall so 1 1/8" off the rail

I have no HO scale model to go by so I used somephotos. these cars have the sizes on them so you can guestimate whats needed.

few more details and it will be ready for paint.

I may make a 3 pack to haul trailors on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That really looks nice Marty. I would love to see it when completed..... and running behind a train.

Art

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
That's deep, Marty. Very deep:D

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
hmm, that looks awesome! with sickness comes greatness! ...or somethin like that /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Marty,

You sure do dive in head first to these projects, dontcha?

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
i'm still trying to find Styrene at less than $60 a sheet for a 4x8 sheet. Then there is all the little detail parts he has seemingly just stockpiled!

Chas

I'm duly impressed!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$60 per sheet still isn't bad when you brake it down per ft and realize how many cars you can get out of one.

The first one is done, the side braces still look alittle too thick on the sides.
this is an Aristo 53' trailor in it.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Marty, Your modeling abilties keep getting better and better! If I recall right you would have never thought of attempting this 3 yrs ago.  Way to GO!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Goin' for 50 well cars?

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom
 I know that you can't have a layout, but you sure do have room and time to scratchbuild.
get started on a simple gon car. Buy some styrene and use some of the trucks off other rolling stock.
 e-mail me if you need help.
 Then bring it in Sept to share with others...

Don
 not sure, tonight I need to find the top of the work bench... it got lost or covered.

I also need to find someone who has some 29100 trucks for sale at a reasonable price or for trade. Before any more cars are built.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I scratchbuilt this old-style hopper a while back, but haven't made any rolling stock since

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that looks good ,Tom
think of others you'd like to build and post them as a project here.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Actually, I'm fiddeling with something else right now. Of course it's train related. I'm just not ready to reveal it yet:cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts