G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we finally did it, after 7 years Fi and I got hitched on the 23rd.Unfortunately the wedding took far more hard earned than anticipated, open topped '32 Rolls Royce and statley home venue etc; and so the planned trip to the states,Colorado!, has had to be postponed.
However the good news is that we had a few days in Woodstock and toured the Cotswolds.Blinding good idea I thought as we were near Cheltenham which enabled us to call in at Garden Railway Centre,he he,he.
Well what a place! Andrew who runs the enterprise from his home welcomed us warmly and was running trains on his vast layout at the time,20mins for a full circuit at around a scale 25mph!!!The loops up and around his 'Rockies' are a sight to see especially with a sound equiped LGB mallet working hard with a long mixed consist.Didn't get to see his Accucraft K28 running though, perhaps next time.
Fi then suggested that as I had sold my Harley to fund the wedding that I should buy something special!! so of course I had to and K #453 with doghouse tender is now back home and sitting on my bench having just been lubed!!
Never thought being married could be such fun before!!
Regards
A very happy Bunny.
PS. What are the two blank dished discs for included with the loco? my guess would be to cover the holes in the smokebox for the plough mounting, am I right?

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Congratulations! I wish you and your bride all the best. I can say it was the best thing to happen to me. Thirty six years and still enjoying it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congradulations on your wedding David!!!! As to your question about your k-27, I haven't seen one yet, but I have heard on other forums that the disks are the builders plates. Hope this helps.

Aaron

·
Registered
733 Posts
Congratulations David and Fi!!! I can only hope that you are at least as happy as Sheila and I are after ten years of marriage. You will have had the advantage of knowing each other for some time before getting married. We were married less than 4 months after our first date...

regards

ralph

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Congradulations!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts