G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Shad,

I was in my webspace (hate to mention this part) but notice that I was over my allot space. So I figure I would remove some of my "treasures" uh err junk. It worked just fine but I would think it would be easier if I could click on many files at once and not just one. ie: change the radio button to a check box. Another reason it should be change, once you delete something you have to go back and figure out where you left off.

Btw: I like the new site I really have not had any problems.

Using Linux with Iceweasel (aka Firefox)

Thanks

Rick R.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Rick, I sure could have used that option last night.

Since the old forum got locked I decided now would be the best time to spring clean my storage and delete alot of old photos, to make room for new ones, and I spent a good part of last night deleting them one at a time.  Being able to multi pick  would have been greatly appreciated, but I went from 44 MB of stored pics down to 25 MB. Got rid of alot of building log pics but then again, all of them have been inactive since 2005.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Maybe this will help.  I use a freeware FTP program called "WS_FTP95 LE" to transfer entire blocks of documents (including photos) to and from my MLS space.  It also allows remote file and directory management operations, including deleting multiple items, etc.  Completely free, and very simple to use.

Dawg /Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/shades_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Posted By dawgnabbit on 01/03/2008 10:56 AM

Various versions available for download at http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=wsftp

Dawg /Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/shades_smile.gif

Hi Dawg,

Thanks for the link, that is a most useful little program; which I have been missing for a while!

Can I ask please for the heading that you use to transfer to (at myLargescale) please; I can then change it to my location at the end of it intstead of yours naturally!

This is the address that goes into the top line of Session properties box, and then gets entered into the 'Remote site' box.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Peter

Use either

Host: 1stclass.mylargescale.com

Host Type: Unix Standard or Automatic detect

User ID: [UserNoSpaces]@mylargescale.com

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Peter,

I use an older version, VER 4.50.  In this version, a small pop-up window appears making it easy to set up data transfers.  You will need to fill in several setup parameters. but only once for each remote site you want to access.

For MLS specifically, use:

1. Host name/address: [email protected]

2. UserID: your MLS user ID

3. Password: your MLS password

The "setup" options I selected to access MyLargeScale were  "Automatic Detect" and "Remote Port 21."  All the other default selections worked just fine for me.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Posted By SteveC on 01/03/2008 6:16 PM

Peter

Use either

Host: gold.mylargescale.com or 1stclass.mylargescale.com

Don't use "gold" it's going away.

·
Premium Member
2,093 Posts
Posted By ShadsTrains on 01/03/2008 9:07 PM
Posted By SteveC on 01/03/2008 6:16 PM

Peter

Use either

Host: gold.mylargescale.com or 1stclass.mylargescale.com

Don't use "gold" it's going away.

I'm still having problems with FTP.  I'm using the IE7 FTP engine under Vista.  The problem I'm having is that I can get onto my webspace and add and delete files, but I cannot open a file that is on my web space using IE7.  When I try to open a file, IE pops up a dialog box asking for my user name and password.  No matter what I enter, nothing seems to work.

On the bottom of the ftp screen with all the files and folders in my webspace it says User: [email protected] and the host address I'm using successfully is ftp://1stclass.mylargescale.com/ .  I've tried every combination of mikereilley followed by nothing, @gold.mylargescale.com, and @1stclass.mylargescale.com...and nothing works to get me to be able to open a file.  

And....this IS NOT specific to Vista.  I had exactly the same problem with XP....exactly...and gave up trying to use FTP to maintain my webspace.  I have used this Windows IE approach to manageing my web space for years....but something is different.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Personally, the user name with the @gold in it I suspect.  Seems to me that a lot of folks use JUST their userID with no spaces in it.

I'd very much to like getting this to work again as it makes file management soooooooooooooo easy using drag and drop techniques.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts