G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Thought I posted this once....)

I know Shad provides space here, and I do use some of it.
However, what I need is a web space provider that permits you to upload Frontpage files, then to do actual HTML editing on their server, not just upload tempates. Comcast /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gifused to provide this type of service but discontinued it with their "new and improved" version. 

So, you fellows with sites, who is your host, and what do you like about them?

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I can also host a regular web site, if you're familiar with FTP etc..  I don't do frontpage as the server side piece is a pain in the arse to manage, but you can still create your files with frontpage and upload them.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Our club web site http://ovgrs.editme.com/ is hosted by http://www.editme.com/

It has an on-line WYSIWYG Editor. I upload Word files and the Editor fills in the tabs.

It also has an HTML screen you can toggle to if you prefer to add your own HTML pages. I used it to learn the different tabs and how they function.

Any member of our club, that has been assigned a password by the administrator, can add a page and upload and modify their own content. Our web master (administrator) is only e-mailed if we run into problems.

You do not need Front Page or similar programs to use the site.

I have used it a lot and have found it very user friendly

G

·
0 Posts
do you understand some basic german?
if yes, you should look here:

www.funpic.de

it is free, nearly unlimited, the only catch is a popup at opening and sometimes in between.

i got most of my pictures and even a small forum there.
using ftp access, i can do and change, whatever i want.

kormsen.ko.funpic.de/

save the pop-ups, i see no difference to the comercial webspace, i have rented for another project.

korm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts