G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife picked up this squirt bottle at the local supermarket to water her indoor plants. It seems to have a lot of pressure and could be easy to convert to a fill bottle for my Goodall-valve-equipped locos. Anyone tried using one?

Product Azure Fluid Liquid Tap

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes Pete , I have used the 'el-cheapo' garden squirt bottles with mixed success, some would not pump and others would, even of the same type/brand. A couple have lasted a long time the rest gave up after a few months of pushing against high boiler pressure. I re-used the brass fitting from a previous 'proper' one that failed to connect to the tubing.
One thing to note was you had to prime some first by putting a finger over the delivery tube and pump quickly a few times then taking your finger off then they pump properly. When you find one that works keep it and give the others away. I purchased a three pack for the price of one and got one that works with the others used as a fire mist spray. But I think a double the price one that works first off might be a better investment as it should last longer?
Russell

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Regners pump spray bottles work perfectly. I believe you have a Regner distributor in the US?! ("Train Station" something?)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I agree the Regner bottles are good products. I like the stiff black plastic hose vs the brass bit on the end of the Accucraft ones. Pete, I made a half hearted attempt to use a store bought spray bottle, but could not find an effective way to attach the tip and hose.
Jerry

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured everyone has tried to make one at some time or other. I have bought a couple from the UK over the years myself.

This one seemed to have potential as it has quite a bit of pressure. Pumping in to my C-19 when it was hot required a lot of effort and shortened the life of the bottle, I bet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts