G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted: A USA trains Green GG-1 in nice shape. Not all scratched up at all. I don't want one that has problems, unless its real cheap. But I also don't want one with a new price tag. That's why I want it used. I need it for something I am going to run together.

·
Super Modulator
20,512 Posts
Ha ha Rex, I think they all had some issues... but Nick did tell me USAT had spare electronics... they are quite complex, and if you run them on DC you need to change a DCC setting.... let me know if you get one and need a hand.

Greg

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg, I have one. I want a second one so I can run two together. I am also going to change the electronics so I can run track or battery. I will probubly go with a revolution sinse I have about 8 boards lying around

·
Super Modulator
20,512 Posts
if you do, take out all those electronics boards carefully, they are worth their weight in gold...

So you will give up the GG-1 sound file, and the pantograph controls?

Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Red one if your interested, $1400. I live in Castaic, CA so if you do not mind the drive, no shipping. Sorry did not realize who was interested. If your in IL then it will need to be shipped.

Steve

·
Super Modulator
20,512 Posts
Rex, you know you could control the existing sound unit in the GG-1 from the Revolution with a little ingenuity.

Like how I controlled the QSI bell and whistle for Nick from an original TE.

Greg

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I know I can do that, If that is the way I go I will get a hold of you if I need some help. Just not sure what I am going to do yet, and too many irons in the fire right now ! Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts