G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What are my options?

There are 2 holes in the nose for lights, I would prefer constant beam, and would prefer to avoid wiring it to the track and avoiding all the things that excite electricians, so maybe 2 small LEDs powered off a 9v batterypack with a isolated on/off switch?

Anybody make such an animal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vic, go to Dallee.com and get one of their high-intensity LED headlights. Order an extra LED at the same time and run in parallel (- to - and + to +). They run off track power and are bright enough to convince anyone a train is on its way. I think they turn on at something like 3 volts. The LEDs have kind of a blue tinge to them, which if you coat them with a clear yellow bulb dye will look just like the real thing.

G

·
0 Posts
Radio shacks sells a kit for i think 6.99 with leds and and battery holder. but what would really look great is a headlight and a set of ditch lights from ram lighting, that would make the frt of that thing look good...
Nick

G

·
0 Posts
dont know who makes them but these are awsome, never had this kinda stuff when i was flying? makes me want to buy another helo...way cool stuff
Nick...

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I like to start simple, I'll check out the Radio Shack lead first, then if they wont fit I'll consider the next options

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Two 5mm bright white or yelglow leds,I like Miniatronics,a current limiting resistor in series,an on/off switch and a battery. A couple D cells in series will last for years.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Vic,
See my thread about warm white 3mm - 2v LEDS in this forum.

3mm warm white LEDs

Sorry, I didn't read your thread until after I had already posted my thread. Otherwise, I would have put it here.

JimC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts